- Large‐scale fiscal and monetary stimulus is being deployed by countries around the world as governments confront the extent of the economic impact of the coronavirus.
- Oil markets were thrown into disarray after failed talks between Russia and Saudi Arabia resulted in a price war that threatens US shale oil producers.
- The Australian government has announced a raft of stimulus measures, including support for businesses to keep workers on the payroll.
- In the US, various therapeutic agents are working on active trials of a vaccine, but these will likely take many more months to be made available.
- As the UK announced its own support measures, Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to intensive care after contracting the virus.
Read the full Market Update prepared by Lonsec here.