- Fears of slowing growth momentum in the US and China are creating a sense of urgency for both countries to resolve the trade dispute.
- The possibility of a further US government shutdown over border control is adding to uncertainty and downside risks to the economy.
- The Australian residential property market continues to weaken, while the RBA cut its GDP growth and inflation forecasts for 2019 and 2020.
- Economic growth in Europe is slowing while the UK parliament raised the stakes by rejecting Prime Minister May’s Brexit deal.
- Chinese authorities are rolling out additional stimulus measures, including tax cuts and a major rail project, to help combat slowing GDP growth.
Read the full Market Update prepared by Lonsec here.