- Key economies have so far avoided a resurgence in COVID‐19 cases, but the World Health Organisation warned it continues to
spread rapidly in some regions.
- Liquidity conditions remain favourable as central banks and governments continue to prop up economies via monetary and fiscal easing measures.
- Key indicators such as unemployment and PMIs improved in May, adding to the market’s hopes of a strong rebound, although the risk of further outbreaks remains.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia kept rates on hold at 0.25% at its June meeting and hit pause on bond purchases through May as
- Black Lives Matter protests in Australia may be used as a test case for considering whether large outdoor gatherings are safe to resume.
Read the full Market Update prepared by Lonsec here.