- Investors extended expectations of accommodative monetary and fiscal policies following signs of a slowdown in the US recovery.
- US President Biden is believed to be setting a new vaccination goal to have the first dose delivered to 70% of adults by July 4.
- Europe has enjoyed better than expected economic data and a decline in reported Covid-19 cases recently as countries push ahead with vaccine rollouts.
- New Zealand halted quarantine-free travel with Australia while New South Wales investigates the origins of the two locally acquired Covid-19 cases.
- The RBA kept the cash rate on hold at 0.1% as expected and increased its 2021 GDP forecast from 3.50% to 4.75%, with 3.50% growth expected in 2022.
Read the full Market Update prepared by Lonsec here.