- Senator Biden is projected to win the US presidency, while President Trump’s chances hinge on successful legal challenges in multiple battleground states.
- Markets were buoyed in November by the successful trial of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine, which is expected to be approved by the FDA later in the month.
- Rising COVID-19 cases in Europe have forced countries to return to lockdown conditions, including the closure of non-essential businesses.
- After bouncing back from the pandemic, China revealed its new five-year plan, which continues China’s focus on emerging technology and innovation.
- Australia’s combined fiscal and monetary response, along with the easing of restrictions across the country, are expected to boost the recovery in the final quarter of 2020.
Read the full Market Update prepared by Lonsec here.